Facts about our topic
Did you know?
- We leave fingerprints on everything we hold and touch because of tiny sweat glands that secrete oils and salt from our fingers.
- Fingerprints can be used as a unique 'password' to gain access to high-security places.
- DNA stands for deoxyribonucleic acid
- DNA is a code divided into sections called genes, which contain all the information that creates our bodies, including the colour or our hair and eyes.
- Each cell in your body contains 23 pairs of chromosomes. In each pair, one chromosome is inherited from your mother, and one is from your father.