Facts about our topic
Did you know?
- Mexico has the world's smallest volcano. Actually, it's not a volcano, but a geyser. It is 13 metres high and has a staircase inside!
- The Maya worshipped gods, especially the gods of sun, rain and corn.
- Maya children are named according to the day they were born. Every day of the year had a specific name for boys and girls.
- Mexico has three colours in it's flag. Green represents hope and victory, white is purity and red for the blood of Mexican people.
- Mexico City is built on a lake and is sinking at a rate of 20cm per year.
- Mexico is home to the very rare volcano rabbit. Guess where it lives?
- The Chihuahua is the world's smallest dog and is named after a Mexican state.